1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Warner Running For Senate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I heart Mark Warner.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The mag had some reporter on TV up here saying it would be the senate.

3. Some of y'all sound about as arrogant as some of the GOPers sounded in early 2005.

I wouldn't call any races for any candidates in the bag yet. Either way.

The election is in November 2008, not September 2007.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

And if that's the case, you're welcome to throw my post back in my face. At least 54 D seats is my opinion -- and informed one, I believe -- but an opinion, no more or less.

Fact is, there are GOP strategists saying that a net loss of four seats is a best-case scenario. I hope that's true, but no, I won't bet the mortgage on it.

But if you're hunting for arrogance, well, start with the guy claiming that the other side is on the "wrong side of history" and will go the way of the Whigs.

5. Fourteen months is an absolute eternity in politics. Any political strategist who is making predictions that far out doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

And when it comes to arrogance, I'm not going to start with anybody except yourself and a few of your fellow travelers, in this circumstance.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Good lord, you're still doing commie schtick?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, some things are classic and timeless.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's true. I learned it in Prof. Hondo's Poly Sci class.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Sure looks that way. Can't say the GOP has anyone to blame but themselves. That's not literally true, there's plenty of blame to go around, but they brought most of it on themselves. Top of the ticket is the best Republican shot, and that's probably below 50-50.

10. Again. The election is in 14 months, not 14 days.

We shall see. In September 2005, I don't think most people were betting the GOP would lose control of Congress, either.

11. Lyman's right on the basic principle. I make no political bets until September before the election.
    However, the numbers in the Senate are completely fucking grim for the R's right now, undermined as they are by the huge '06 D pickups in state legislatures around the country. That's a lot of locals knocking on doors. I figure a few of the marginal D's who won in R House districts go down, leaving the House essentially the same. But the Senate seats break all wrong.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think HH is saying that the paradigm has shifted to the point that welfare queens will always be evil and the president will always have to end his/her speech with "God Bless the United States." And that may be victory enough for him, I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted