1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Sanchez and a 17-year old girl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Chase, Feb 5, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

People magazine ran a multipage spread complete with pics when 38-year-old Seinfeld was dating the 17-year-old.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't hate Daulerio the way some on here seem to. I'm just surprised it's taken him this long to cash in. I don't think he owns the site and maybe that's where all the money is.

3. Mizzougrad96

I think people are treated differently when the relationship appears to be serious (Seinfeld and Kobe) and less so if they think someone is out trying to bang high schoolers. I don't know where Sanchez falls in all of this. He very well could have picked up this girl at a club thinking she was a certain age only to find out later she was not. Maybe he knew all along. Who knows?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

o3--I agree with you almost completely. I'm not defending Deadspin in any way. Anyone in and around sports knows a story like this one, something slightly yucky but not anything we'd want to put our name on. My response to that girl would have been a) put your mom on the phone, b) get rid of the pictures c) because your 15 minutes just started ticking.

Really want to see the rest of the story before diving in on this one. My initial reaction remains the same: Sanchez is a moron for being in this situation.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Kobe was 21 when he met his 17-year old girlfriend.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So everyone is bashing Daulerio because his ethics aren't good. Okay, I can agree with that. But who here thinks that Sanchez is involved with woman and who thinks he isn't?

Say what you will about Deadspin and Daulerio because most of it is deserved, but I don't recall a time when they got one of these things wrong.

7. Mizzougrad96

Oh, I'm sure it's true.

8. Mizzougrad96

Boring...

http://m.deadspin.com/5755011/the-somewhat-romantic-story-of-mark-sanchez-and-a-17+year+old-girl

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Interesting that the attorney is a USC grad living in California.

10. Mizzougrad96

You mean you get the sense she's done this before? :D

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Pretty spartan bedroom for a guy with a $51M contract.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Daulerio were capable of feeling any sense of shame, he'd sure feel it there, not over the classlessness of pursuing that story but over his utter failure to come up with anything of consequence.

Some of you love the site and there are a lot of links posted here, but the ones I've seen (from the lead scumbag, and also from Craggs and Magary) are really juvenile and lacking in skill or purpose. I wonder how long before the supposedly talented writers start to think the Deadspin association is a stain for them rather than a badge.

Draft saved Draft deleted