1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Prior is a wuss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KnuteRockne, Mar 29, 2007.

1. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

Give Prior a few days to absorb it. How would you feel if you were booted down to agate clerk? I'm sure you wouldn't want to talk about it to everyone. [/quote]

You think he'd be used to it by now.

I'm sorry, but this isn't the first time Prior's acted like a little bitch when it comes to taking his medicine with regards to all of his little injuries. I'm giving him no leeway. He needs to grow up and deal with it. Not for us. For the fans. They gave him nothing but adulation when he was pitching well, and even through all these injuries. The least he can do is wait a few minutes to answer questions for their sake. Instead, he slips away like a freaking pussy. No sympathy whatsoever.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wasn't Prior on the mound during the whole Moises/Alex G. collapse against Florida?

I would like to think K. Wood has one more good year in that arm, but who knows?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes he was. And Dusty Baker should be fucking shot for not having somebody warming up in the bullpen to start the eighth inning that night. His fucking closer had been lights out all September and October and the fucker never fucking used him in Game 6 or 7. Fucker.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shall we save this post for the day he is inducted into the Hall of Fame?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

I hope this can be to A_QB what his Brook Donruss card is to IJAG. :D

6. boots

boots New Member

And I will say the same thing, even when I cast my ballot for him.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The curse of Dusty Baker continues even today. Suckers!

8. Locked

Locked New Member

"He's not quite the second-coming of Tom Seaver just yet."
    Former Pirates manager Lloyd McClendon after Prior's first ML start

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I wasn't even mad that night. I was so convinced they had it that I let my guard down. I was amazed. My best friend and roommate at the time was a huge Braves fan, and we talk smack all summer long (usually he gets to talk more than I do), but he couldn't say anything that night.

And yes, I am a proud Cubs fanboy who does not cover MLB. I don't know that I would take a job covering the Cubs, because they are the only sacred sports fanboy-dom remaining from my youth.

10. Locked

Locked New Member

On another note, Kerry Wood didn't want the the Trib or the Sun Times there for his press conference on Wednesday, but either he changed his decision or a pr person talked to him.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm sure that'll end well.

12. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

It's not her any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted