1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark May is a moron

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herky_Jerky, Sep 3, 2007.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Awww, geezzzthth, we got Bill and Mary next week. They've got thisthth back-up long schchanapper, and in the final analysisthth, he could really be the differencththe.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

How about the MMMOTD? (Moronic Media Moment of the Day.)

3. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

Mark May is a moron, but he was right on in this discussion while Holtz came off like a senile idiot and a coach apologist with his ridiculous theories -- he even went so far as to say this was not an upset and explained that the reason it isn't is that the spread offense is the great equalizer, which might be the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Bottom line, Michigan should NEVER lose to a I-AA team, ever, regardless of how good said I-AA team is.

4. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

The Top ESPN Boner moment of the year, maybe of all time, came last Thursday at halftime of the Louisville-Murray State game. Lou Holtz, orator that he is, referred to Louisville wideout Mario Urrutia as...............

Mario Urethra.

Yes. He did.

5. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

That'll make you pee your pants.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Trev Alberts agrees ...
    http://www.firemarkmay.com/

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

1. Mark May is an arrogant moron
    2. Half the time, I don't know what comes out of Lou Holtz's mouth, but it's still fun to watch him get worked up :D ;D
    3. Mark May is an arrogant moron

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

You forgot:
    4. Mark May is an arrogant moron

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I still remember him making fun to the press about a stuttering problem that Stan Humphries had...something to the effect of "You mean, S-s-s-stan?" That told me all I needed to know about Mark May. Yep, he's an arrogant moron.

I like Lou. He looks an awful lot like my late Grandfather.

10. formulacola

formulacola Member

It really makes you wonder how the decisions at ESPN get made when May and Holtz get a lot of prominent airtime and Robert Smith is rarely heard from.

11. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Thanks for checking in, Robert.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Mark May is a joke, and has been for as long as I can remember seeing him on television. He's incredibly biased towards the Redskins anytime he does NFL gigs, and his 'big guy, little voice' shtick wore off long ago.

Many writers attack the 'jockocracy' of former athletes getting cushy gigs. But rather than going after the Irvins and Deions of the world, why not go after May? At least Irvin and Deion have some juice, and can draw a few viewers. What's May's appeal?

Draft saved Draft deleted