1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mark mangino to be released from hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=344190

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Duh! moment No. 4,024:

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Another thing about Mangino's weight -- some of his players sometimes don't take well to criticism that they're not in shape (or at least good enough shape) given who's making the comments.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I can't believe that would be true. Wouldn't that hold the same at Penn State for Paterno or for Saint Louis with Majerus?

Well, Saint Louis has other issues. But if you're saying it's hard to get in shape because the head coach isn't, it's not like Mangino's out there playing. For that matter, the position coaches can't all be as big.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm good for $15 for the Mangino Gastric Bypass fund. Charlie Weis did make a good point when he underwent the surgery because he felt his physique was costing him head coaching jobs. I can understand that as far as college goes because you need to raise money from boosters and recruit kids and being a telegenic and charismatic guy can only help. But I don't understand it when NFL teams hire "boy wonders" who seem to know more about grooming than x's and o's.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wait just a fucking minute....Weis had gastric bypass?

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes. The procedure almost killed him.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Well....maybe the doc should try again.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The doc was a Jets fan. Bastard.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just passing along info I heard from inside the KU athletics department. It's not tough for them to get in shape, but they are kids, they will complain.

Re: JoePa, the guy's in shape. Did you see him run across the field during the Ohio State game a little more than a year ago to hit the locker room early? He might outrun me.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Whaddya love about a Weeble? Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's one of the funniest things anyone's ever posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted