1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Brunell is all out of money

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Nov 2, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How long can he hang on as a backup QB? He may not be all that excited about it, but he'd make close to a million bucks doing that, and he'd be lucky to get $100K as a beginning coach. In fact if the playing option is done, he'd probably make more money in sales.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't understand why he would retire. Seems like he has a pretty good gig right now. Attend meetings, hold a clipboard, and trot on the field to hold for Nick Folk.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would think that between a low-level coaching job, a few coaching clinics and camps he could pull more than $200K a year.

He's 41. I figure he's probably held on as long as he could.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OOP is that you?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course, it also has details that the T-U didn't have (Whatburger investment, how he owes almost $25 mil, quotes from two people not quoted in the T-U story, etc etc). But as usual you don't let the facts get in the way of your idiotic, ill-informed rants. Though your jumping into this fray is particularly interesting, R.A. Hondo.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why do you have such a sense of entitlement about whether people accurately read what you write?

/closedcrossthread

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I would think he could trade on his name in Jacksonville in some capacity -- sportscaster, spokesperson, radio show host, something like that. I would still say he is the player most associated with the Jaguars in their history (perhaps Fred Taylor). But you'd think Mark Brunell could head to Jacksonville and do something there to make money because of who he is.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree, you'd think he'd hang on until he actually has to play and proves, a la Todd Collins, that his skills are completely gone. Maybe he'll change his mind after the season.

9. Baron Scicluna

Nope.

We. Are. Two. Separate. Posters.

Understand? I said it nice and slow.

10. Baron Scicluna

Beats me, but I feel entitled to say that Mark Brunell made some very poor decisions in the last few years.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, he can do sportstalk in Jacksonville and answer questions about the Gators. :D

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Being lectured by a guy who lives in la la land, now that is funny. Do you have any more car comparisons Baron? Those are always entertaining. Were you not the guy who said he'd rather stay on unemployment rather than take a job that was "beneath" him?

Draft saved Draft deleted