1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti's latest.... wow

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Jun 25, 2006.

1. http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay25.html

i guess the sun times is gving jay all the rope he needs to hang himself.

this column is an embarrassing mistake. it reads like the schoolyard bully hiding behind the teacher begging the teacher to stop the new kid from beating him up. i'm just telling you how this reads to the average chicagoan. mike royko is somewhere with his eyes filled with tears wondering what happened to the newspapers he made appear as tough as chicago.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

If what Ozzie actually meant was "Mariotti is a pussy," Jay just proved the point for him.
    What a fucking embarrassment.

3. http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg25.html

Chicago's best columnist writes a brilliant piece.

4. Pocket Aces

Pocket Aces Guest

Wow. Jay really comes across as a big fucking pussy there.

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Agree. That story was a bleeping piece of garbage.

If he was trying to win back some people into his side, he failed miserably.

And I think you're right, Jason, the S-T is giving him the rope to hang himself. If that's the way Jay wants to go, so be it. But he make it 1,000 times worse.

Wow.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What a whining bitch.

ATH should be rich, tomorrow.

Nice job, Eddie.

Loser.

7. jaredk

jaredk Member

Jason
    Speaking of Royko, he once wrote a column, not maning Mariotti but meant for him, suggesting that a dose of Prozac was called for. Still is.
    Imagine the original Mayor Daley calling Royko a fag. Think Royko would have gone to City Hall to see Hizzonner? With Slats Grobnik riding shotgun.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just keep cashing those S-T checks, Eddie.

Remember . . . Rick's is bigger.

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

man, that last bit seems like nobody likes this Mariotti guy. At least not many of the players. He says he won't lower himself to the "laws of jockdom," but his whole career is pretty much just that, isn't it?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That was terrible. He pretty much admitted he has no gonads.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What's that great line in Good Morning Vietnam, when Kraunauer gets fired....something like, 'Sir, you are in more dire need of a...'

Yeah. Like that.

If Ozzie has to go to sensitivity training, Jay should have to go to sense of humor school. A column with some wit and a comedy could have sliced Ozzie to ribbons.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mariotti did try to address an issue. For that I don't see him being a pussy. More than anything I think he's intimidated by Ozzie — some men aren't built for physical confrontations.

Now, if Ozzie told me to get off the field before he kicks my ass, I would have called him a fucking pendéjo and insulted his mother and thrown down the notebook to invite altercation. Call me out and I'll come out. But that's just me. I wish other writers would just defend their honor a little more.

Hey Mariotti, if you're reading this, throw down a little bit. So you get a bloody nose. So what? Punch the pendéjo in the face.

Draft saved Draft deleted