1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti to Tribune on September 1

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Insider, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Kent_Dorfman

Kent_Dorfman Member

He's been pretty open about talking to Sam Zell about a future for himself at the Tribune. He's already writing for a competing Web site (Fanhouse) while appearing on Around the Horn now, I doubt Chicago Now is that much of a difference. And given the quality of Chicago Now, it's not going to be around very long anyway.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Wouldn't the Tribune want their logo on the backdrop of an ESPN show? The Sun-Times sure did. I don't see why that would be a conflict of interest.

And the Tribune's LA Times has had a reporter on the show since its inception, and I'm sure they'll continue to do so when ESPN LA comes out, as long as Plaschke doesn't jump ship.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

That's one conversation where I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the room, though I'm sure it would draw flies on merit.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It would draw more flies than the Florida Everglades during the dog days of summer.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Journalism is one of those businesses where you can still go very far, perhaps farther, if you alienate people, have little integrity, and are somewhat sociopathic.

Draft saved Draft deleted