1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti strikes back

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jersey_Guy, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Apologize if this is a DB, but I didn't see it mentioned in the earlier thread.

Sun-Times sports department has to be an interesting place to work right now:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-jay-mariotti-wttw-jun20,0,5300636.story

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like the new warm and fuzzy Jay.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This was on the radio?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Looks like a TV segment that comes on tonight.

I think it's totally inappropriate to rip a column by a co-worker.

5. Mizzougrad96

I'd love to be in that press box this weekend.

6. Mizzougrad96

Agree completely. How hard is it to say, "Rick has his opinion and I have mine."

I guess that newly signed contract has made him brave.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think the DA will even press charges.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But detached, "Locker room? What locker room? Where's that?" Jay has no issues, whatsoever.

Nah.

9. I think the Cowley-Mariotti feud has the dynamics to be far more interesting this weekend and moving forward than the Telander-Mariotti feud.

Cowley once wrote that Joe Posnanski was "trying to make a name for himself" by criticizing Ozzie Guillen's All-Star selections.

Yeah, unknown, unappreciated, barely read Joe Posnanski had to try to ride Ozzie Guillen's coat tails to stardom.

Say what you want about Mariotti, but Cowley is clearly, clearly, clearly in the tank for the White Sox to an embarrassing degree, and anyone you talk to in Chicago knows it.

10. Mizzougrad96

At least when Lupica bashes his fellow columnists he doesn't do it on radio or TV.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

After his last snipe, you would think he would learn his lesson. But no, and the bitch is he won't be suspended for it..

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

After this, I'm expecting the next Mariotti thread will have the headline, "Mariotti gets his ass kicked."

Draft saved Draft deleted