1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti: Look at me! (aka Ozzie Sucks, Part the XIV)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

someone said this guy works a lot....

This is not work.

This is a verbal squat in the throes of a journalistic salmonella poisoning.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Eddie just can't get over just how much of an asshole he appeared throughout the golden Summer of '05.

Until he gets over that -- he remains a grudge-nursing bitteroot.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

agreed. this is a fine column if you eliminate those grafs and slap someone else's byline on top. i don't trust anything mariotti says about guillen given their past. as a reader i would need another columnist in chicago to write something similar before i believe this.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm as far from a Mariotti fan as one can be, but do let's ponder these two images...

Frank Robinson crying in the postgame press conference because he had to pull a player in the middle of an inning.

Ozzie Guillen perpetrating a whisper campaign about a guy after he's left town.

Oz don't come out looking so good...

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Neither did Frank, in that instance. The job of a baseball manager is to pull anybody from the lineup the instant you think somebody else would do a better job. If the emotional strain of doing that reduces you to tears, time to get a new job.

As far as Mariotti vs. Guillen: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

6. Synopsis of column ****** Hey look at me ******

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Seriously, I was looking forward to not hearing anything from this a-hole since I don't watch Around The Horn. Why's he writing again already?

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Strange I-expect-to-be-persecuted framing, but the nut of the piece -- the manager is a hypocrite -- comes through. Guillen seems like the guy who joins in a fight as it's ending, kicks the guy on the ground and becomes the spokesman for the beatdown.

9. I'm assuming he renegotiated his contract. For even more $.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mariotti = most brilliant columnist in America. He has taken on his town's sacred cow and won't let up. Whether he is right or not is not the point.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox are Chicago's sacred cow? Was that post supposed to be in blue?

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ozzie and the White Sox won the World Series, turning them into Chicago's darlings. The national media lapped up Ozzieisms left and right. He was beloved by all. Hard to try to start punching holes in that wall.

Draft saved Draft deleted