1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti: Hawk jinxed Garcia perfect game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Careful, DyePack, or Mariotti will threaten to sue you, too.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

FWIW, Vin Scully made mention of Maddux's no-hitter every inning from the fourth until it was broken up in the seventh.

If Vinny does it, then that's all you need to know.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The afternoon guys on WSCR blasted their own station on Thursday for making the cutesy innuendos that Mariotti referred to. Apparently the Sox radio team didn't say what was happening, and afternoon guys said the station didn't fulfill its obligations. Which is completely accurate.

And if Mariotti ever ventures within 30 feet of Hawk, with or without duct tape, I'd pay to see it. Hawk, even with his eye patch, would whoop Mariotti's ass up and down.

And I can not STAND Hawk Harrelson. If the dude came down the permanent larengitis during the baseball season, I'd throw a fucking party.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There probably aren't too many people left in the world who Hawk Harrelson could smack the shit out of, but I'd be willing to bet a case of Old Style that Jay-boy is one of them.

:D :D :D :D

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That is one of the most ridiculous columns I've ever read.
    Marriotti not only goes out of his way, he crosses busy streets to be negative.
    The guy needs a Prozac IV and shock therapy.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You had me ... right up to the word "fans." Then you totally lost me.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, maybe you might want to get some reactions or opinions from actual fans who actually see the game. It's the kind of column I might want to do maybe once every 15 years or so, but who knows. Anyway, it's another of the columns you can't do if you sit up in the press box. What are you gonna get there? The thoughts of the janitor who cleans out the press box restroom??

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I knew he did it on purpose for the pub. What, there wasn't another pair of socks around to change into?

Draft saved Draft deleted