1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marine Karate Black Belt Brutally Beats Mentally Challenged Man (Video) (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr7134, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Bobby Joe Blythe is a Vietnam vet and Karate instructor who this year uploaded some videos onto You Tube. Most contained goofy Karate stuff like breaking boards and such.

One though was different.

It was video footage from December, 13 1984. It was posted with the description below...

It’s extreme and disturbing, and totally fucked up on so many levels. Not only what happens. That's bad enough. It's also the fact that Bobby Joe puts it on You Tube twenty-five years later like it's no big deal. He does it to basically boast.

To be safe I’ve stuck the words NSFW in the title.

It can be viewed at the link below…

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80725200/

All of Bobby Joe’s videos are now gone from You Tube. However this being the net, well, by the time they were taken down someone had already backed them up.

Bobby Joe’s goofy Karate shit can be view at…

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/littleoldme_2009/

2. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

A news report about the Police looking into the video as a cold case.

3. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Re: Marine Karate Black Belt Brutally Beats Mentally Challenged Man (Video) (NSF

That is pretty disturbing. Not at all what I expected. You can really tell that this Bobby Joe dude enjoyed that entire incident.

I wonder if anyone involved will actually end up being prosecuted.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Why did I watch that?

My heart breaks to think that man may have been killed that way. :'(

5. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

While it's a very vicious assault I don't think the victim died. According to some of the comments that Bobby Joe posted on the video the last he heard the victim was in a mental home in Virginia. It's not impossible that he died but taking Bobby Joe's comment at face value he didn't. I also can't believe that if the victim died due to the assault that Bobby Joe would have posted the video online.

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/littleoldme_2009/?action=view&current=Jesustaughtmecomments.jpg

There’s a actually a large thread over at the Bullshido forum, which is dedicated to exposing frauds in martial arts, about the video. The video rose to prominence after being posted there. Some of the posters there managed to track down Bobby Joe's current location, ID the black belt giving the beating as William J. Dennis, locate him as well and also do many other things.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88535

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The man who was beaten was mentally challenged.
    The man who ordered the beating, the person who did it and the people who stood by, watched it and let it happen are mentally defective.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This is the second beating video on sj in the past few days. Who knew we were a snuff-film emporium?

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What a bunch of fucking studs. I'm sure that even 25 years later, the ones who aren't in prisons and homeless shelters are very proud.

9. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Watching the beating toward the end of that video made me openly sob.

What makes a human do that to another is beyond anything I will, to ever care to, understand.

Draft saved Draft deleted