1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana will save your life? Aww, that's too bad.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Mar 14, 2007.

1. In Exile

In Exile Member

There was a much, much overlooked medical study from 2006 done at UCLA [http://www.news-medical.net/?id=18122] that studied cancer rates among those who were heavy smokers of both pot and cigarettes and those who were simply heavy pot smokers or never smoked pot at all. The conclusion? Many fewer longterm smokers of both pot and cigarettes contract lung, head, neck, mouth, throat, esophagus and tongue cancer than those that only smoked cigarettes, and those that only smoked pot have even lower cancer rates - in fact, no connection at all to those cancers. Speculation is that THC, which has anti-inflammatory properties, somehow causes aging cells to die before they turn cancerous.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Photo of the UCLA professor who conducted the study:

[​IMG]

just kidding. viva la hemp!

And you can easily spot someone who's DWSOTG (Driving While Stoned Out of the Their Gourd.) They're the ones going 13 miles per hour on the interstate.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

See, if we legalize weed, it will cut down on the number of deaths on the interstate. :)

So we should change the name of that popular driver's ed movie to "Bud on the Highway".

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's called the chronic.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's legal then baby!

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

So hit a bong or a pipe or a roach.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ask Richard Brookhiser if it saved his life. Might be the only time Dick ever joined the left. Felt exilarating, didn't it Dick?

As for myself, I can say it saved my life many times before 8:40 classes while in the kaleidoscopic whirl of a hangover.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I told the doctor my back hurt and he gave me a prescription for blotter acid.

Draft saved Draft deleted