1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana will save your life? Aww, that's too bad.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Mar 14, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No test to see if you toked up lately.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to legalizing marijuana. The only difference from my experience is that I can have a drink or two and not get drunk. You smoke a doob, you're getting stoned.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not everybody gets buzzed off one joint, just like not everybody gets buzzed off one drink. It depends on the type of drink, depends on your body, depends on your tolerance level, depends on your recent eating habits, etc., etc. Same goes for weed.

You think one drink can't get a 120-pound woman (or 150-pound man) buzzed? Absolutely, it can.

In moderation, marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, in moderation. Abusing one is just as dangerous as abusing the other. But one puts you in prison and the other can be bought at the grocery store. That's not right.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I agree in theory, but I'm not so sure I'd trust the government or Big Pharma to do the honors for us. It was Big Agra that gave us high fructose corn syrup, trans-fatty acids and other processed foods. Now we don't even know what we're getting at the grocery store.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's time for Bubbler to break out his cyber-stash on this thread...

I've got Hi-C orange soda and a bunch of those 7-11 mini donuts.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Obviously it's been a while since I smoked dope. Are you saying that people smoke it for the taste and not to get stoned? I'm not being facetious ... I'm genuinely curious.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yes, there is such thing as good-tasting weed, and good-smelling weed, too. I can't imagine there would be a much lower percentage of stoners who would smoke weed for those simple pleasures ... as there are drinkers who like good-tasting beer and, oh by the way, you get a nice buzz off it, too. What's the difference, really?

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Psssst ... it tasted good and smelled good in 1981, too ...

9. Re: Marijuana will save your life? Aww, that\'s too bad.

Fetch me a beer, young\'un. :D

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

19,021 : 8,078 :: veteran stoner : newbie

;)

11. Re: Marijuana will save your life? Aww, that\'s too bad.

Pwned!

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think one of my favorite arguments about legalizing weed comes, appropriately enough, from Half Baked.

"Marijuana is a gateway drug. Everyone knows it leads to other things."

"Yeah, junk food."

Draft saved Draft deleted