1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana Amnesty boxes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by partain, Jan 15, 2014.

1. partain

partain Member

I've never smoked anything in my life, but my first thought when reading this story was, is it like those penny jars at the 7-Eleven? Can you leave some on your way in and take some on your way out? Story says they'll "destroy" all pot placed in the boxes.

Amnesty boxes are going up at the Colorado Springs Airport on Wednesday for people who didn't realize that it's illegal to possess marijuana on a plane.

It is legal to leave marijuana in a parked car at airports under the Colorado law that legalized recreational marijuana, but you can't bring marijuana inside airport facilities.

Officials are encouraging people to leave their marijuana behind, but they also want to help people who broke the law and don't want to miss their flights. Installation of the boxes begins Wednesday.

Read more at http://gazette.com/marijuana-amnesty-boxes-going-up-at-colorado-springs-airport/article/1512674#v6gUl5Ams520clZd.99

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Some interesting angles to the new laws in Colorado. Will be
    interesting to see if ski accidents go up as a result of new laws.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The main gondola at Vail is nicknamed the Rastabahn. You could get a contact high from riding that thing.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I foresee a 500 percent rise in the number of car break-ins at Colorado airports.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You don't think ... Sonny ... ?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I foresee a lot of thefts of marijuana amnesty boxes. :D

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The back bowls of Vail take on new meaning.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was just looking at the Vail ski trails on Google Maps last night. You know you can move down them just like they're streets?

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

... on WEED!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted