1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marginal NBA-NFL talents rejoice: Kim Kardashian back on market

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

This was classic.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm not much into Kardashianese, but this seems to be a pretty good take on the current situation, and stage parents in general.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/36557/the-kardashian-divorce-fiasco-blame-mom

3. Wow. Solid. Thanks for posting that.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Good stuff. Minor quibble - this was Kim K's second marriage. She was married to some guy named Damon Thomas for four years before the Ray J stuff happened.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So disappointed that Nightline... for crissakes, NIGHTLINE... had about seven minutes on this last night. Entertainment Tonight, Insider, Access Hollywood, fine. But NIGHTLINE?!?!

We're not all going to hell. We're already there.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it was the lead story on the CBS Morning show this morning...

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

One of the local morning shows had a gossip "expert" on to discuss the divorce. I was interested to learn that Kris was a star player for the New Jersey Jets.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We let her borrow Floyd of Rosedale to film a segment for her teevee show and now Floyd is missing!

SHE TOOK FLOYD OF ROSEDALE!

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nightline jumped the Shark the day Buckwheat was assassinated

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That Lambert essay was sharp. I'm hot and cold on her writing but that was very good.

I admire her too, in a way, because despite the fact that she's married to a woman, she felt no need to bring up how obnoxious it is that people defend Kardashian's right to straight marry but would like to limit Lambert's right to have a lesbian marriage, she comes up with a different and interesting way to slam the hell out of this nonsense. While I agree with the whole "Kardshian makes a mockery of marriage" argument, everyone has been making it. This was something different and smart from someone who might have a vested interest in taking the "sanctity of marriage arguments are a joke" angle.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Stupid poll over at People:

POLL: Should Kim Kardashian Return Her Engagement Ring?

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/11/01/kim-kardashian-divorce-engagement-ring/?xid=rss-topheadlines

The heck with the ring, give back Floyd!

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't think Floyd of Rosedale has a pig in this fight.

Draft saved Draft deleted