1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marge vs. the Monorail: The best Simpsons ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 28, 2007.

1. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Could be that, or maybe you're thinking of Lisa going to Calgary for the Spellympics, while Homer travels across North America in search of the ribwich.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That's right. I haven't seen it in over a year.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You don't win friends with salad! You don't win friends with salad!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Remember. We're parked under the sun sphere."

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I didn't think he'd play Moon River but BAM!!! Third encore!!!"

Nelson's face there is priceless. The rest of them are bored to sleep and he's about ready to cry he's so happy.

"What's Branson?"
    "It's Las Vegas if it were run by Ned Flanders."

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sheer genius, even if you can only imagine someone who gets it picking it up and laughing his ass off.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Absolutely love that one.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

The one where Homer finally meets his mom (played by Glenn Close) is very, very good -- and the ending is incredibly touching.

Here lies ... Walt Whitman?! Aargh! Damn you, Walt Whitman! I! Hate! You! Walt! Freaking! Whitman! "Leaves of Grass", my ass!

9. One of my all time favorite lines is from Maude Flanders, after everyone realizes Ned didn't kill her. "Oh, I was at church camp learning to be more judgmental."

10. Giggity

Giggity Member

Hello? Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land, open for business! Who are you to resist, eh? My last paycheck bounced! My children need wine!

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Girly Edition is also outstanding, in large part because the scene where Nelson steps in on the anchor desk and does fart noises.

12. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

That was my last minute halloween costume many years ago. Not a whole lot of people got it, but I sure thought I was funny.

EDIT: oops, I just realized I shared that story on a thread about halloween costumes last fall. Sorry for being redundant

Draft saved Draft deleted