1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marcus Vick: I don't love you hoes, I'm out the door

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149192184044

BY REX BOWMAN
    TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER Dec 14, 2006

Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick is being sued for $6.3 million by a 17-year-old girl who claims Vick deceitfully professed his love to her so she would continue to have sex with him.

The Christiansburg girl had just turned 15 when the two began a series of sexual trysts, according to the suit filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court. Vick was 19.

The suit asserts that the girl "suffered, and will continue to suffer, psychological trauma associated with the child sexual abuse perpetrated by defendant Marcus Vick."

Vick was convicted two years ago of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and the suit identifies the Christiansburg girl as the minor involved in the January 2004 incident that led to the charge.

Vick and two teammates were convicted of giving three young girls liquor, and according to testimony during the trial Vick told an investigator he had sex with one of the girls.

Vick's 30-day jail sentence was suspended on the condition that he have no more contact with the girl. But in her suit, the girl, identified as Jane Doe, asserts that the sexual relationship that began in January 2004 continued through December 2005, long after Vick's September 2004 conviction.

Yesterday, Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward Jr. of Virginia Beach, declined to comment on the suit. "We'll deal with it in court."

Vick, now a backup quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, followed older brother Michael Vick to Virginia Tech amid hopes that he would be an equally explosive quarterback.

But the younger Vick, now 22, was cut from the team in January after several incidents.

On the field during the Jan. 2 Gator Bowl, he stomped on an opposing player's leg in front of a national television audience.

Off the field, he was convicted of disorderly conduct in Suffolk in March after witnesses said he pulled a gun on three people in a parking lot. In Hampton the same month, he pleaded guilty to speeding and driving without a valid driver's license.

In the suit, the girl alleges that she saw Vick occasionally smoke marijuana in his apartment, and he offered her booze and pot. She also alleges that Vick tried to persuade her to have sex with him and another man, which she says she did once.

During a nearly two-year relationship, the suit states, Vick told the girl he loved her, told her he wanted her to have his baby and assured her that sex between an adult and a "child of her age" was acceptable. The suit also alleges that Vick told her that it was necessary for her "to engage in sexual intercourse with other adult men in order to please him."

According to the suit, "the misrepresentations were made with the intent to mislead the plantiff, Jane Doe, so that defendant Marcus Vick would be able to satisfy his lust, passion, and illicit sexual desires through the abuse of the plantiff."

The suit, which lists the girl's grandmother as a co-plaintiff, seeks $6 million in compensation and $350,000 in punitive damages.

2. I know, out of all that I'm commenting on this...
    Did the use of the words booze and pot stick out to anyone else? It's almost like the writer slipped into being a little too conversational.
    "So this hoe says M-Vick was all, 'I lub you, beeyatch, and here's some bling-bling and a foty. Now get down with my homies while I watch.'"

3. I remember my uncles and male cousins had this saying that they embedded in my mind; "15 will getcha 20!" as in years in the hole. R. Kelly, send help.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I haven't even read the thread yet, but the title alone deserves a thumbs-up from this corner. Hillarious! Snoop smiles somewhere . . .

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

bullshit!

bitch trying to get a quick payout.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's the most blatantly see-through thing you've ever posted on this board.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That might be an interesting theory if we didn't already know that Marcus Vick was a world-class douchebag.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ron Mexico says mission accomplished.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't believe an athlete would ever do something like this.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

From an AFL2 third-stringer? Right.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

::)

12. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Anyone else think something ain't right about messing with a girl from a place called "Christiansburg?" Isn't that just asking for some kind of trouble?

Draft saved Draft deleted