1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marco Rubio: Not a "Natural Born Citizen"?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 22, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

McCain was never seriously challenged because everybody intelligent knows the U.S. Canal Zone was U.S. territory when McCain was born.

Just like Hawaii was from 1898-1959. So unless Obama had been born 65 years earlier, that wouldn't matter either.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Then he's their star until he displeases them. Then come the fangs as they begin to eat their own, as they are likely to do. The Soviets operated this way, also. They're still in the process of devouring Sarah, like one of those snakes you see on the Discovery Channel that can stuff an entire egg down its maw.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know everyone likes to point out how the librul media always has it out for the right wing, but a script just read by Jansing on MSNBC belies that meme:

"That story that Sen. Marco Rubio has long told about his parents' coming to America is contradicted by facts."

Contradicted by facts? What kind of grammatical gymnastics is that? A lie is a lie is a lie is a contradiction of facts, apparently.

The media avoids the "L" word as much as they do the "N" word.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Lie implies knowledge of the falsehood, which isn't in evidence in this case (to my knowledge).

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He wrote on Politico that the story he told was the story he had been told. That being the case, I thought it was somewhat distasteful how strong he went after the Post for publishing the story. I guess it was tactical, but still distasteful to me.

"I thought they came to the United States after Castro. It turns out I was mistaken it was before. They still felt like exiles from their homeland. That is unchanged."

The end.

No need for the defensive theatrics, in my opinion. Newspapers, magazines, and authors set the historical record straight all the time. It's a big part of what we do. Oftentimes, the historical record is not altered for nefarious reasons, but just as a result of our generational game of telephone.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Rubio is 40 years old. HE'S A MAN!!

And a liar. LMAO.

My family came to America after my great-great GF fought in the Easter Sunday Uprising.

"That's what I've always been told." ::) ::)

(Never mind documents show he came over in 1847 and died in 1897.)

7. Hah hah - Moddy lets these old threads get brought back because....

Oh hell - I have no idea why some things are allowed and some things are verboten.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Like, I said, showernozzle masturbation material for some on this board... :D

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm a Democrat and even I agree. Who cares?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is what we're left with after Kenya/Obama/Birth Certificate. Everyone's origin story is now in play. Thanks GOP.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you complained about the birther crap and you're jumping on this story, you're every bit as bad as those wingnuts...

Who the fuck cares?

12. Didn't much of the birth certificate stuff begin with Hillary's campaign?

Draft saved Draft deleted