1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marbury goes AWOL from the Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yup.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

How has there not been any speculation about what Marbury may have on Thomas. I mean, who knows if he really does, but taking his testimony in the trial into consideration, there certainly seems like there's a possibility for some pretty unsavory stuff to come out of this.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Was Marbury a witness in the Thomas/Intern Trial?

Could he have perjured himself?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Marbury testified that he had sex with the intern in his truck.

5. 93Devil

OK, thanks.

I did not know if he was called to comment on Thomas or not. I'm just not that familiar with the trial.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

He did give testimony regarding Thomas and the plaintiff, and yes, it's entirely possible that he didn't exactly tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I think that's the first thing that has to come to mind when you hear him say he's got shit on Isiah. That, or maybe Marbury wasn't the only one in the truck with that intern.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

So, he's going to get Thomas on witness coercion in a case he lost? These fucking guys need a reality show and right now.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Look forward to Wm. Rhoden's ode to Stephon, soon. It should be entertaining.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't quite understand what Steph and the intern in the back of the SUV had to do with Zeke harrassing Anucha Brown Sanders, especailly since the intern said it was consentual.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Because the intern supposedly told Anucha about the "encounter," and about her "encounters" with Marbury's cousin, also on the Knicks payroll. Anucha investigated the encounters, either as part of her job as a supervisor or because she was hoping to establish there was a hostile working environment for women.
    The intern then testified for the defense that the encounters were consensual. She testified against Anucha. The intern got a promotion, a raise and now works full time for the Knicks -- something to do as a liaison with the team and children.
    Can't. Make. This. Up.

Oh, and there's a report from Yahoo that every Knick player voted against Marbury playing last night.

11. 93Devil

Just so long as the intern was not getting tag teamed by Ken "The Animal" Bannister and Marvin "The Human Eraser" Webster, I am cool with it.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thanks, ginger. I kind of lost track of where that crazy trail went, although I assumed Anucha was trying to show hostile work environment with the intern issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted