1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marbury goes AWOL from the Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oh, Steph had "permission" to leave.
    Zeke apparently told him on the flight out Monday that he was not starting Tuesday night.
    Supposedly, the confrontation that followed got a bit physical and Zeke told Starbury if he didn't like the way the team was being run, go home. Which is what Starbury did on the first flight out of Phoenix on Tuesday morning.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Now that sounds like the real story. Only someone as delusional as Marbury would turn that into "Zeke gave me permission to go home."

BTW, Knicks down 17 at Phoenix in the 4th. Marbury's probably sitting at home saying, "See, they can't win without me."

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Even still, he's likely being paid by a league he's also paid by a newspaper to cover. That's a conflict in my book.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Don't worry Chucky will save them.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dolan?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks. I needed a laugh.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I'm not arguing with you, Norman. But I think that ship has sailed.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just got back from the Suns-Knicks game.

Ummm... perhaps Eddy Curry should partake in the Knicks' conditioning program. Dude looks like the second coming of John "Hot Plate" Williams. I think he ate Oliver Miller before the game.

I'm thinking a heart condition and 60+ pounds of blubber are a bad combo for a pro athlete.

And by the way... the Knicks are not good. I don't think the Suns broke a sweat.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Oh yeah, it's cool. I'm just amazed that his higher-ups allow that to go on.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The greatest thing about growing up in New York during basketball season was watching the Knicks find a new way to piss away the regular season or the postseason. They never failed to disappoint.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

PC, thanks for reminding me about Curry's heart condition. I assumed that his condition would scare him into being more conscious of his health and life. Apparently those trips to Sizzler was too good to pass up.

Isaiah having a conditioning program for the Knicks off-season is like having Paris Hilton crusading to get drunk skanks off of Skid Row.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Was Dikembe Mutombo on the Knicks when he wanted to get sexed? If so, that would have to join the Knicks' quote pantheon.

Draft saved Draft deleted