1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marbury goes AWOL from the Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Five games into the season and already the Knicks are showing what knuckleheads they are. I give up.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

You had hope before this?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They need to bring the intern to lure him back.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah. What on earth made you think this year would be any different? The addition of Zach Randolph? Isiah being a year older and wiser? Stephon finally getting used to his new shoes? Eddy Curry perfecting his disappearing act? Jamal Crawford's uncanny shot selection? Nate Robinson's decision making?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe he's overcome with grief at the death of Randolph's 4th grandmother. ::) ::)

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It looks like that Marbury trade worked out real well.

How about that Isiah Thomas extension?

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I am not an NBA guy, but I like watching this team. It's like Bobby Brown's reality show ... so wrong in so many ways but impossible to take your eyes off.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I'm not talking so much about on the court. I just thought they'd be embarrassed enough by the harassment stuff and the intern stuff to stay out of the papers with off-court bullshit, at least for a little while. Five games into the season and Marbury's already that pissed? That's a new record, even for the Knicks.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was just busting your chops. As Lester Bangs mentioned, the Knicks are almost as entertaining as a non-fatal car crash. You have to be on that bandwagon. Or, as Stephon would might put it, "Are you gonna get in the truck?"

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

"Are you gonna get in the truck" joins Micheal Ray Richardson's "The ship be sinking" as perhaps the two most memorable quotes in Knick history.

The silver lining is that the more dysfunctional the team gets, the faster Isiah will be fired, perhaps Daddy Dolan will take control of the team away from James, and this train wreck can start getting cleaned up

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I don't want Isiah to be fired for the dysfunctionality of this team. He deserves to sit and rot with corpse.

Is there anyway the team can void the remaining dollars on the contract if Marbury walked from the job?

12. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Marbury says he had Isiah's blessing to return home, so he's not AWOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted