1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Map of America, based on wire service stories

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 21, 2008.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Country music's own state of Mexico.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured the Country Music map was dated due to the small sampling for Florida and other Redneck Riviera outposts so popular in recent years.
    And speaking of a country music song waiting to be written:

(AP) PORTLAND, Ore. -- A former Multnomah County employee who claimed she was addicted to video poker must repay nearly $39,000.
    The attorney for 37-year-old Diata Demanje Rhodes argued she should not be sent to prison because she was depressed over a breakup with her boyfriend, an abortion and the death of her dog before she began to steal from the county.
    A judge agreed and sentenced Rhodes to five years on probation, 160 hours of community service and gambling treatment.
    Rhodes resigned in September after county officials discovered money missing from a petty-cash account. She pleaded guilty in February to theft charges.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I laughed so hard I almost shit my pants.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted