1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manu Ginobili gets a diamond ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 30, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I can't stand Kobe as much as the next person, but after watching the replay of the incident several times, I must say I don't think it was intentional.

2. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I don't know how you can watch that play and think it was anything but intentional. He may not have meant to hit Ginobili in the nose, but he threw his arm wildly out to his right when, if anything, it should have went to the left, in a desperate -- almost World Cup soccer-like -- attempt to get a foul call that he didn't deserve. Ginobili blocked him clean, and Kobe totally over-exaggerated afterward. One game is fine.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Same here. I've been fouled while shooting many times, and my arms have yet to fly 90 degrees and hit a player directly beside me.

Hit a player in front of me, yes. Beside me, no.

Intentional, all the way.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Appropriate for what he didn't even mean to do that, now Stern is an idiot for suspending him for one game he didn't deserve to be suspended at all.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Acting on both sides, and Kobe's was the more dramatic. He was pissed the Lakers gagged a late lead against a peer team that played a terrible game but went on to win. Seemed more like a fine than a seat, though.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Trollbo, just because your dreamdate said it was unintentional doesn't make it so. I doubt your hero tried to hurt Ginobli, but there is no question whatsoever that he swung his arm wildly in an intentional way hoping to draw a foul.

Kobe can go cry to his hotel concierge if it helps him feel better. But I've got no problem with Stu Jackson sitting him down for a game.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

8. statrat

statrat Member

I think you left him speechless Idaho. Miracles do happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted