1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manti Te'o's father blacklists Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Richard Belding, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Do you think the crazy fan bases from that region -- Notre Dame, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan -- are actually more delusional about those kind of things than the SEC fan bases? It's been my experience, but I'm not sure I'm educated enough on the South to judge the kind of crusades they go on against writers. I do know, from personal experience, that Penn State psychos are scary in their delusions and harassment campaigns.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My observation, at least, is that Notre Dame and Michigan fans are among the worst. Obviously Penn State fans reared their ugliness last year. For Notre Dame and Michigan fans - and I'm talking alums here - you get a multiplier effect of sorts because of the academic reputations of the schools. That feeds the superiority complex in a different way than at most state schools like those in the SEC. I also think that the fans of those programs were treated to decades upon decades where they got to live in a bubble where the writers that covered their teams were myth-makers just like them. Also, they never had to struggle like this, on the field, for long stretches of time. They're lashing out because it's frustrating for them that the center of power in college football has shifted to the South, and it's tough to accept.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mel Kiper in his first pass has him going to The Bills at 8. Maybe he does not want to start getting grief from ND fans too early in the process.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No, but he might have a brother with a kid at Cherry Creek High School swimming against Missy Franklin.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

GatorNation.
    Thread over.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In the past, people just cancelled their subscription.
    Now it's a blacklist? By one individual?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Better blacklist Deadspin, too. This is fucking bizarre. According to this story, the dead girlfriend wasn't real?

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_cam

8. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

I think they have something bigger to worry about now than a photo ...

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

EDIT: Dammit, Big beat me to it ...

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Small Town Guy beat us both to it on Sports & News. JOIN ME IN MY SHAME.

10. Sir Sid

Sir Sid Member

WE GOT CATFISHED!

11. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Damn Small Town Guy ... :)

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Ya think?

Draft saved Draft deleted