1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manti Te'o's father blacklists Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Richard Belding, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't see it on that FB page. Might have scrubbed it already.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He's going to be blacklisting a lot of papers next year, I wager. In a few years, people are going to remember T'eo the way they remember Andy Katzenmoyer.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yep. I've been saying this all year. A lot of his value was tied up in a fluke statistic for his position: Seven interceptions. He won't have seven interceptions in his NFL career. He won't have five.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Teo will become the Tim Tebow of linebackers.

I remember "The Big Cat" as an impressive freshman with an instinctive feel for LB and a quick first step. I also remember him as a senior probably 30 -40 lbs heavier and not near as quick or effective was he was earlier in his college career.

Teo looked like he spent the month of December on the banquet circuit when he should have been in the weight room.

Alabama totally exploited Teo and the the vaunted Diacco no crease D. It did not help that Nix was man handled by Barret Jones which freed up the 'Bama guards to get to Teo.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gil Brandt projected the Giants will draft Te'o.

Yeah, have fun boycotting the media there.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't want this to be true because he seems like a very nice kid with a nice story, but he's going to run a 4.75 at the combine and sink like a stone.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Terrible use of text on a photo.

8. Boom_70

Teo's father does not seem like a "Brian" like O'bama does not seem like a "Barry". Must be a Hawaiian thing.

9. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

A friend of mine said Manti Te'o translates to Brian Bosworth. But at least Te'o isn't a jerk. He's got that going for him. I bet he runs a 4.8 and sinks like a millstone. Football isn't played in a telephone booth anymore.

10. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Star-Advertiser cost him a scholarship.

11. Boom_70

I think Te'o future success depends on getting to an NFL team that has a scheme that suits him. He needs a team with huge DT's that protect their LB's like the Ravens. Maybe he is a fit to replace Ray Lewis.

Vontaze Burfict fell like a stone last year and ended up starting for the Bengals because he got into a system that worked for him.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You laugh, but just wait until he drops in the draft. The Notre Dame fan forums on the Internet will provide you with hours of entertainment as it occurs throughout the process. I've seen few Internet meltdowns like the one I witnessed the day that Brady Quinn dropped. I bet an overwhelming majority at the most popular ND message board blamed Todd McShay. It became accepted knowledge there - fact - that Todd McShay, to spite Notre Dame because Notre Dame is on NBC and not ESPN, intimidated teams into not drafting Brady Quinn.

Draft saved Draft deleted