1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

hiuck hiuck hiuck

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Looking at Manny's track record, he was always there for the Red Sox when they needed him the most. When the stakes were higher in September, then higher again in October, he delivered. Much like Beckett. When I read stories about teammates who wondered whether Manny would be there down the stretch, I wonder what player they watched the past seven-plus seasons in Boston.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Manny could hit 70 HRs, drive in 200 runs, bat .380 and Bill James would invent some douchebag sabermetric stat to show he wasn't a good hitter.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Thats the type of year he could have if he was paid with incentives and not given the bonds treatment.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Those kinds of incentives are prohbited in the standard MLB contract.
    Plate appearances, games played, awards, OK. Specific individual numbers, no.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Me too, with Torre winning it all at Fenway.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Manny winning the Series MVP

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'd just settle for the dodgers winning the series.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

But how great would it be to see the obnoxious "Red Sox Nation" suffer at the hands of Manny!

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i dunno. i never really liked manny until he became a dodger for about a month, and aside from bostonbred, i don't dislike red sox fans.

sorry to piss on your guys' parade.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hell, he could do that by making the World Series while the Red Sox don't.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was always partial to the Red Sox over the Yankees, but having moved to the Northeast? I now hate them both. Nearly equally.

Draft saved Draft deleted