1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manny Ramirez

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 23, 2008.

?

Where does he land?

1. Nationals

4.3%
  2. Orioles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yankees

17.4%
  4. Dodgers

47.8%
  5. Other

30.4%
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Willingham to first base does seem to make the most sense. I don't think you let a guy like him stand in the way if you're going to take a shot at a player like Manny.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He signs with the Yankees, just so he and and The Empire (TM) can stick it to the Red Sox.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He'd have to concentrate too much.

Didn't he sit out for a day or two at the start of the season in 2001 and pout a bit?

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Fixed.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He missed a day or two of spring training in 2001. He began the season on a tear similar to the one he ended this year on.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Other, because I'm holding out hope the Royals can get him when they win the AL Central next season!

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd seriously fall off my chair laughing if the Yankees get him. I am so anti-Red Sox right now that I'm actually rooting for New York.

I mean, what the hell? It's not like rooting for my favorite team (The Mariners) does me any good. :)

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Angola, should the Yanks try and land Manny?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Yankees have no place to put Manny every day, because DH is reserved for whichever of their distinguished but superannuated vets such as Damon, Matsui, and Posada are hurting the most that day.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Mets: 2 years, 47 million, after the market settles. And they need him, or at least someone.

Draft saved Draft deleted