1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manny being Manny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 18, 2007.

1. i think manny has a point (though i doubt he intended to make it)---it's just sports. They'll do their best-but if they lose, there are still bigger fish to fry in life. Red Sox fans can be insufferable so it makes me happy to know there are many out there who are stressing about his comments....

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I can't believe this is getting so much attention up here. Manny's exactly right. It actually won't be the end of the world if the Red Sox lose tonight or this weekend. Nevermind the fact that you want to have that attitude at this point. It certainly hasn't hurt him at the plate.

Anyone who rips him for that quote is an idiot.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Red Sox fans = ......

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't mind Manny's comments, the guy seems immune to pressure situations. Doesn't surprise me in the least that he's relaxed while on the brink of elimination. Remember, three years ago, this team was filled with idiots.

Re: Manny Being Manny, a friend of mine in New England tipped me off to a brand of Red Sox wine. Your choices? Schilling Schardonnay, Manny Being Merlot and CaberKnuckle, which is supposedly the best one.

5. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Not sure that's the case. The Boston media is sure trying to push it in that direction, but most of the fans I've talked to aren't going crazy over the quote. I'm sure a few people will be on here soon to disagree.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Manny's just having some fun with all the talk radio types and newspaper columnists who've been trashing him from the moments he dropped foot in Boston (in other words, people who deserve it crammed up their keesters). Wish more athletes had an attitude like his.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If I'm Tito, I'm ecstatic to have a guy like Manny. He's impervious to pressure. I'd much rather have a guy like that than a super-sensitive guy who feels the weight of the world on his shoulders.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That's what I've discovered.

Most WEEI/Boston media blowhards are trying to get Sox fans to get pissed over this quote.
    It's not at all working.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

A-Rod, anyone?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Then good for Red Sox fans.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Screw EEI. That's all they ever try to do.

12. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Maybe. I'm just not sure he's that self-aware on issues like this. Maybe he's got me fooled.

Draft saved Draft deleted