1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manky's Playpen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Re: Running Derek Jeter Thread Vol. 1

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fake as hell. I don't see any MankyJimy splooge anywhere in that photo capture.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

@cheeky_geeky -- Dr. Mark Drapeau

At the Paris Club in Chicago. Spotted: Jeter and teammates post-game.

4. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Despite what you think, I do not get sexually aroused at the sight of Derek Jeter. I do think he is the best player of his generation and I will defend him against the legions of posters on here who think he's overrated. Others may have had gaudier stats but Jeter has stayed PED-free his entire career and no one in the history of the game can match his postseason heroics.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did your knees start to hurt while you were typing that one? Did you remember to wipe your chin when you were done?

6. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Ok ouotfpllace who is yiur facorite player...? I can cite stats to defensd jeters and he has hit over .350 since july 9 when many thouggt he was finished. Pardon thetypoes i am replying from my ceelphome

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What does my favorite player have to do with it? Besides, I don't worship any player the way you do Jeter.

Best player of his generation? Give me a break, fanboy.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So what? It says all-time postseason stats. You're forgetting about context.

Jeter's played his whole career in the wild-card playoff era. More chances to make the playoffs. More rounds of playoffs. More games.

And before that, divisional playoffs didn't start until 1969. You're looking at nearly 100 years of history in which either there was no postseason at all (most of the 19th century, 1900, 1901, 1902 and 1904), or just two teams made the postseason.

I'd think that Yogi, or the Babe would have accumulated some pretty huge stats in terms of all-time postseason categories if they had three rounds of playoffs to play in, or make the playoffs without having the best record in the league.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

+1

This thread will not end well.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I doubt it, but hey, it's cool. If Derek Jeter gets you off, who am I to judge?

As for your other assertions, lets just say you need to be slapped upside the head with a history book and a truckload of context.

11. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Jeter has amassed more postseason hits than anyone in history and your response is "so what?" I realize the current postseason format gives him an advantage over past greats, but I guarantee you this is a record that will stand for a long time.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I hope you're a sock puppet Kermit style, if not, with apologies to Printdust, you are the biggest moron on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.