1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manish Mehta

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Woody Long, Nov 25, 2020.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Par for the course, as just about everything at the NYDN is weird these days.

Sports Barf and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

The dude's a joke. He put e-sports on the back page and acted like the NYDN had taken some great leap forward. No one who's reading a print edition gives a flying fuck about e-sports. Heck, no one who's reading the NYDN in any format gives a fuck about e-sports.

HanSenSE, Dog8Cats and Sports Barf like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Did I read this thread right? NYDN was considering......fighting the suspension? Uh, what?

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

He is on The Sports Hub in Boston now.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Shows what a clown Fred Toucher is.

7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Toucher seemed to have no issues making excuses for Manish the entire interview.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone in that interview came across very well.

I'm surprised that a beat writer for the Jets getting his credentials revoked and the paper hiding the fact for months isn't a bigger story.

Mehta always struck me as someone whose opinions outran his actual knowledge. His writing was always so personal and I can't remember anything he wrote about stuff on the field.

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

There are two sports media writers in New York (neither of whom works for the Daily News), but they haven't gone near this story.

They're obsessed with sports talk radio ratings, but this ... not so much.

Woody Long likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is the NYDN newsroom still located in the classic building on 42nd? It's not clear from what I've seen.

12. Adam94

Adam94 Member

The Daily News still has not hired a Jets beat reporter nearly two months after Mehta was canned and there haven't been any public job listings for one. They're still getting by with a young guy named Dennis Young, who calls himself a "sports blogger and editor" for the NYDN in his Twitter bio, in the interim - just heard him ask a question in the Saleh introductory presser. I get that it was a terrible team going nowhere at the end of 2020, but now it's the start of a critical offseason - they could trade for Deshaun Watson, for all we know - so when are they going to treat it like the important beat it is and hire a full-timer?

Draft saved Draft deleted