1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manish Mehta

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Woody Long, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Seems reasonable given the circumstances. IIRC, the LA Times didn't say anything about Markazi and he planted a story in Awful Announcing about how he was the victim of a culture clash and the two sides had signed a non-disparagement agreement. That obviously was untrue given what the paper has written about him since then.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Adam94

Adam94 Member

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very well-reported story, topped by a strange photo. I'm sure it's hard to comb through a ton of press conference images looking for a reporter as opposed to the speaker, but that's an odd one.

Adam94 likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That photo looks like it came from out takes from Shannon Tweed's body of work.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Tremendous reference.

Great article, too. Apparently this only skimmed the surface. I'd expect one of the Deadspins--new old one or the new new one by the brats who stomped off and started their own website--to dig in deeper.

7. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Defector did this (Notorious Jets Beat Reporter Manish Mehta Fired At Long Last | Defector) , but considering the sports editor who allowed all this used to work at old Deadspin, I wouldn't expect much of the critical coverage they would direct at someone else

8. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

It will interesting to see where he ends up. Maybe one of the dueling sports radio stations in NYC.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Good point on the latter. As for Defector, I had a more damning expose in mind, a la what Adam94 said about Laura Wagner tackling it. There's definitely more to this than the Washington Post story (which was very good, not demeaning it, but this guy is N-U-T-S with a decade of this behavior out there).

Adam94 likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

But everyone hates him. He's more toxic than a Skip Bayless, who says dumb shit for clicks but is generally harmless. I could see him on one of the intolerable FS1 "debate" shows that nobody watches. He and Jason McIntyre can try and outstupid one another. Or maybe he just burns it all down and goes to Outkick, a site that needs more toxic assholes!

Adam94 likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Athletic?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ass kisser?

Draft saved Draft deleted