1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manilla.com ... anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jan 15, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just came across it on StumbleUpon. It's gotten some good reviews, but most of what I found were either on the Manilla site or on Good Housekeeping, whose parent company backs Manilla.

Basically, you can associate all your accounts and have them all in one place. Instead of remembering 15-20 logins, you have one. It sends you notifications, and allows you to download your statements.

Seems good, but I'm worried about giving that much information to one place. Anyone used it?
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Financial accounts and stuff? Sounds like a lot of danger to consolidate all that info in one potentially hackable place.
  3. imjustagirl

Well, they use the same encryption as banks. So it's more secure than like email, which gets hacked all the time.
  4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Manilla? Seems kind of plain to me!
  5. LongTimeListener

I'm always nervous about my bank getting hacked. My point is I don't think I'm going to get hacked at the bank where I have my checking account, the bank where I have my mortgage, my investment/retirement broker, my wife's investment/broker, my kids' college fund, and my two credit card companies all at the same time. Putting that info in the same place exposes it in a way that it never would be when kept separate.
  6. imjustagirl

Well, my checking, savings, credit card and mortgage are all with the same bank. :D
  7. LongTimeListener

Well, then, you're fucked anyway. Just post it here!
Draft saved Draft deleted