1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandalorian running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 20, 2019.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The only reason anybody is even thinking about Mara Jade as a character in The Mandalorian is a purely speculative article with no sourcing over at Nerdist. The Downey thing seems to trace back to a guy on Twitter who’s wrong a lot.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, it's all speculation and it is likely all bullshit, but sometimes it is fun to engage in it anyway. That is especially true for fans like me, who wish they would toss the last three movies out of continuity and go forward with some version of the stories in the Legends novels.

3. outofplace

4. outofplace

5. outofplace

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This has been a very public issue for more than a year for now with her, so, you have to think Disney is nearing the "STFU or fuck off" point with her. The character is cool, but we're not talking Chris Pratt as Starlord here, as far as someone Disney will feel the need to protect.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And, given the nature of the character, she easily offed without screwing up any major storylines.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The post about comparing being Republican to a Jew being hunted down in Germany, really is beyond the pale.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do my best to separate this stuff, but she might need to digest in the belly of the Sarlaac for a thousand years. Or just go off and be cop and never heard from again.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sarlaac it is. This is the way and they have spoken.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Oh man, she was dumb enough to do it again? Deserved to be fired for stupidity alone.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I guess if you are dumb enough to believe it, you are dumb enough to keep posting it.

Draft saved Draft deleted