1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mancations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Giggity

Giggity Member

Man is not a prefix.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I hear ya. The trip I want to do doesn't involve much, if any, golfing by us. Just going to watch The Open. And get hammered.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Aug. 1999, just before my senior year of college. Me, my best friend and his buddy drove around the midwest, Canada and east coast to watch baseball and go to all the major hall of fames along with Cedar Point, Niagara Falls and as many bars as we could.
    Best use of a credit card ever!

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Breckenridge, Colorado. Maybe during weekend of Dew Tour if you're all into that sort of stuff. Or in the summer for golf.

5. JackReacher

You could probably do a trip to Atlantic City as a lower-priced version of a Vegas trip. Save a ton of cash on the travel. Plus, everyone will be way less tempted to spend money on hookers.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Atlantic City is to Las Vegas as roasted goose foot is to foie gras.

7. JackReacher

Depends on what you wanna do. If you want a 2 or 3-day trip with good food and gambling (without the shows and whatnot), AC is perfect. Reduce cost without the flight. Stay at the Borgata, which has several nice restaurants, and gamble. Done and done.

Now, if you want the ENTIRE Vegas experience, go there. But if you want a cheap alternative, it's hard to beat AC.

8. JackReacher

All you need is one.

Full disclosure: I've never been to AC. But I know several people who have and they all rave about the Borgata. They say it's like you're not even in that dump of a city. From what I've heard, there's really no reason to leave the hotel. Good food? Check. Gambling? Check. Sweet hotel? Check.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sonner, I say this to you with the utmost respect: you are out of your fucking mind.

If I were a mermaid with one chance and one chance only to sprout legs and become human, but I was told I would have to land on a beach in Atlantic City and stay there, I would bathe in blood and look for the closest Great White nest.

That city is the Heidi Fleiss of America.

Edit: Hahahaha!! Dude, you've never been there??

10. JackReacher

Listen...I'm not saying AC is a great city. Obviously, it's not. And obviously Vegas pummels AC. But unless I really had a hard-on for Vegas or unless money wasn't an issue, I'd much rather save the $400 on a flight and head to AC for a couple days.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am not a gambler at all, but I have heard what the Native Americans have set up in certain parts of the country is pretty solid.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Tahoe closed or something?

Draft saved Draft deleted