1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Managing Editor: College FB/BB Site LostLettermen.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Eze167, Dec 16, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I didn't see their names under this company's Facebook page saying the applied, so I assume others have a shot
    :)

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

True ... but if you moved there with someone else (eg. significant other), it wouldn't be the worst. And at the end of the day, it's NYC.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

anyone ever heard of this company?

5. Louisiana Rain

Louisiana Rain New Member

It is NOT a sportswriting gig. The website is a database. You will spend most of your time inputing data about what former college athletes, including guys who played a couple games for SOuthern Illinois in 1977, are doing now. If that sounds like fun to you, go for it. You will NOT be covering live events.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I saw features on the website. Not live reporting, but they are stories and I'm sure it is possible to actually write real stories down the line...

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Knew I should have taken that right at Alburquerque ...

8. newspaperman

newspaperman Member

KYSportsWriter, who's whining? I'm just simply stating the obvious. If you want to work 60 hours for a wage similar to that of high school dropouts, please overlook my comment. But me, I use common sense and rational thinking to make decisions. And common sense tells me that working 60 hours for $35k in one of the country's most expensive cities seems like I'm being fucked over. That's all I'm saying.

Oh yeah, my relative drives the garbage truck in New York City and makes $50k. If you think you're worth $15k less than a garbage truck driver - please apply.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

At my paper, they're paying inserters more than journalists now.

Draft saved Draft deleted