1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Managing Editor, Bennington, VT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by budcrew08, Nov 21, 2007.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Not a sports job, but here's one:

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=856884

I'm looking for some information on the paper. Does anyone know about the paper or the people currently there?

EDIT: Got rid of information I found via search.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My first job in New England was here as the ASE. Loved it, and the town. Blue-collar town all the way. I might know a few stragglers still hanging on there, but can't be sure about that. I know the AD of the high school very well (same roto league) and he's always e-mailing me about when the SE slot opens up. Best friend still lives there and runs a business. The town is trying to artsify itself. As for the paper, it's small and as you might think, uber-community minded. Fell in love in Bennington to a keeper who's now making big bucks in Manhattan. Man, I have all kinds of fun stories about Bennington, and the Banner.

Unrelated to the ME ... but if Mount Anthony's wrestling team wins the state title -- and it will without breaking a sweat -- it will be the school's 20th straight state title, breaking the national record. Whoever takes this job, do yourself a favor this winter and go check out a home match. Scott Legacy's program is as good as it gets. You look at the guys and think, "These guys are wrestlers? Then they go out and blow you away with their technical skill and prowess."

I don't think this job is up my alley, but I definitely recommend a year or three in Bennington, land where the four winds blow.

Draft saved Draft deleted