1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manager of Communications-Philadelphia Union (MLS)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jun 17, 2009.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Sorry if this is a repost.

http://mls.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm/Communications?supcat=154#24469

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Philadelphia Union?

I'm disappointed that this isn't the Philadelphia Freedom. Or Fury. Or Atoms.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I've heard they have several talented candidates in the pool already. And no, I am not one of them.

4. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Wouldn't surprise me. I thought about applying for about five seconds. Then I remembered I'm not crazy about soccer or Philadlphia.

5. You're going to need PR experience for this one. But there are worse things to be doing other than working for a pro sports team in Philly.

6. Kroog City

Kroog City Member

Spent a lot of time retooling the old resume for this one, sent it off, then immediately found out on facebook the position has been filled.

I have got to get better at finding this stuff sooner. :-[

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

8. Kroog City

Kroog City Member

Yikes you're right. I'm going to open a smoothie shop.

9. Surprised they filled it this quickly - a lot of teams wait until the offseason to fill these roles for a number of reasons.

Good for whoever got it. Like I said, there are worse things to do besides working in sports in Philly.

Draft saved Draft deleted