1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manager of Communications - NASCAR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

Thanks bpoindexter, the word I got from way up was 'sure apply but most likely an insider will get the call'...thanks for playing ...

2. NBrom

NBrom New Member

I figured I'd have as good a chance as any outsider--aka, not much of one--and nothing here as well.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I had a preliminary phone interview about a month ago but never heard anything else.

The interview was with a NASCAR staffer reading from a script and among her first couple questions was, no fooling, "Do you have a favorite driver?" Of course I gave the "play no favorites" answer, but since I didn't get a second call I wonder if the better answer would have been "hell yeah, 88 all the way baby!"

4. NBrom

NBrom New Member

You should have named a former truck series driver. If you'd have said Jack Sprague, the job would have been yours

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (May 4, 2010) – NASCAR has announced that Amanda Jones Ellis has been named communications manager for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
    Ellis brings a solid public relations background in NASCAR racing to the position. Most recently, she was public relations account manager for Turner Motorsports, where she coordinated the publicity for NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Ricky Carmichael, former motocross legend and holder of a record 15 AMA Pro Racing titles. Ellis also worked one season as media relations manager for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Martin Truex Jr.
    Ellis began her public relations career in NASCAR racing in 2004, where she worked as a public relations account manager for Bobby Hamilton Racing. In her first season with that organization, Hamilton captured the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship. Ellis was named the 2007 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Public Relations Representative of the Year.
    “We are excited about the addition of Amanda to our public relations staff,” said Jim Hunter, NASCAR vice president of corporate communications. “She brings a real passion to the sport, particularly in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, and is a proven PR professional.”
    A native of Paris, Tenn., Ellis holds a bachelor’s degree in public relations from Union University in Jackson, Tenn. She and her husband, Jonathon, reside in Mooresville, N.C.

6. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

In her first season with that organization, Hamilton captured the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship. Ellis was named the 2007 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Public Relations Representative of the Year.

Hot Damn! You know, I was going to mention that I was in the stands - blitzed - as an 18-year-old in 1977 when future Daytona 500 winner Ernie Irvan won the track title at Stockton (Calif.) 99 Speedway but didn't think it actually help. Silly me. I'll be contacting the Jimmie Johnson people ASAP.

Draft saved Draft deleted