1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manager, Events - USA Hockey Inc.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 12, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From Teamwork online. It's not a straight reporting gig, but some folks here might be interested. A few years ago, I would have been all over it. Heck, I still might apply.

http://usngbjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=28420

Basic Functions: To manage and administer events conducted by USA Hockey. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:

Manage request for proposal (RFP) development, distribution and collection of the event bids.
    Negotiate event related agreements.
    Serve as event manager for USA Hockey run events.
    Serve as lead interface with local host committees and affiliate organizations such as the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF).
    Manage all USA Hockey internal departmental interfaces in supporting the marketing, communications and hockey operations departments.
    Manage the event on-site requirements for USA Hockey including sponsorships, marketing, suite requirements, ticket arrangements, food and beverage, and other support needs.
    Develop and grow the quantity, quality and value of USA Hockey events.
    Manage event department budget and event specific budgets.
    Provide assistance to the marketing and communications division as assigned.
    Minimum Qualifications and Requirements

4 year degree in sports management, marketing, business or related field
    4 years of experience in event management, contract negotiations or related field
    Excellent writing and editing skills
    Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
    2 years of budget management experience
    Willingness to work off hours, weekends and holidays
    Willingness to travel
    Proficient computer skills
    Location: Walter Bush Jr. Center, USAH National Office, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
    Salary: Commensurate with experience

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I do not know Mr. Bush but I did some consulting and writing for USAH back in the day and they were good people.

Draft saved Draft deleted