1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Management, Hillary style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Oct 26, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Love her or hate her, you have to impressed by her management style--a direct contrast to Bill's

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/26/us/politics/26clinton.html?ref=politics

She is very smart and very organized,” said Leon E. Panetta, the former White House chief of staff. “Bill Clinton was very smart and not very organized.”

Doesn't sound you want to cross her, though. Gotta admire this:

While serving as a field coordinator in Indiana for Jimmy Carter’s presidential campaign in 1976, she met with some men leading the get-out-the-vote operation and pressed them for specifics about how many phone calls they would make and how many cars they had secured for Election Day. As Mrs. Clinton kept grilling them, one man reached across the table, grabbed her by the turtleneck and told her to shut up.

“First, don’t ever touch me again,” Mrs. Clinton told him, as she recalled the incident in her memoir, “Living History” (Simon & Schuster, 2003). “Second, if you were as fast with your answers to my questions as you are with your hands, I’d have the information I need to do my job.” And she walked out.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Re: Managment, Hillary style

Wonder what part of Arkansas that guy is buried in right now.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Probably at the bottom of the White River.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

He and Vince Foster are comparing dirt-nap notes.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Now we know why Monica gave Bill the blow job, Hillary's dick was too big for her.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Hillary to Spend Rest of Campaign in Soundproof Glass Box
    Risk-averse Strategy for Homestretch, Aides Say

In what some observers are calling a strategic masterstroke to avoid missteps in her quest for the Democratic presidential nomination, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) will spend the rest of her campaign encased in a soundproof glass box, aides confirmed today.

The decision to surround the New York senator with one-inch-thick walls of soundproof glass struck many Democratic insiders as a sign of just how risk-averse the Clinton campaign has become.

But with Sen. Clinton leading all of her rivals by a formidable margin, campaigning inside a soundproof box could be the surest way to protect her frontrunner status down the homestretch, aides believe.

Sen. Clinton’s soundproof box made its debut last night at a candidates’ forum in Davenport, Iowa, where the New York senator was seemingly impervious to the attacks of her closest rival, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill).

After Sen. Obama excoriated her for voting to authorize the war in Iraq, Sen. Clinton merely smiled and mouthed the words “I can’t hear you.”

Clinton aides also confirmed after the debate that the New York senator’s face would be shot up with Botox to freeze her features in the most inoffensive expression possible for the remainder of the campaign.

Professor Davis Logsdon, chairman of the political science department at the University of Minnesota, says that Sen. Clinton’s Botox strategy could prove whether a totally lifeless, emotionless candidate can win the White House.

“It didn’t work for Kerry,” he says.

-- Borowitz Report

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Gerald Ford knew what the score was.
    Check out today's NY Daily News.

8. Re: Managment, Hillary style

I have a semi-serious question.
    People really believe this shit?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Some people do. Some people don't believe that Americans landed on the Moon, That AIDs was created by a white scientist to kill black folks and that high amounts of melanin equates to high amounts of intelligence. No figuring what some people will believe.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like that management is misspelled in the thread title so it looks like MaNAGment. Perfect.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Commentary on the article from one of my favorite websites:

-------------------

From a New York Times article today:

For much of her career, Mrs. Clinton served in largely advisory or collaborative management roles -- as a law firm partner, as chairwoman of the board at the nonprofit Children’s Defense Fund and as a director of three public corporations.

Since when are law firm partner, chairman of the board, and director of a corporation "largely advisory or collaborative roles"? Oh, that's right, when they're held by women.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Relax, Cadet. I'm sure she decorated her offices quite nicely.

Draft saved Draft deleted