1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man wings wife and in-laws after finding sex tape starring wife and bestie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

While there is much talk of a shrinking middle class, a large part of that shrinkage is, in fact, due to the fact that so many Americans are moving up.

You believe this, too?

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No! I think David French is a cherry-picking back.

Slacker likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hack?

Alma likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Unless they went to journalism school.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A thoughtful piece that aligns with several thoughts that I have based on my experiences; victimization thinking is divisive and unproductive; however I disagree that middle class is shrinking because they have migrated upwards, yes some have, so raw numbers may show larger upper class but as our population has increased last 40 yrs the middle class has gone way down. That’s a problem that needs to be solved.

He points out how opportunities remain out there if you seek them; I agree.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think you can argue that the "social ills" aren't so bad, or that the good outweighs the bad.

I think you can argue that we shouldn't try to social engineer our way out of such a situation.

But there are studies that have looked into this subject.

Still not sure why people think it's an outrage to discuss, or some evidence of misogyny.

Gender Identity and Relative Income within Households *

http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/ecs/event...LKdYMSLqEHkvrjdzpVBTkoWuBfy3sMEhrfeLVeIe5zOKk

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, you can see it. Even you aren't stupid enough to fail to understand it.

You are taking the side of misogyny here. You are siding with an argument that women making more money is a bad thing. You are proving once again that you will support any message as long as it comes from your side.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, what do we think of Hanna Rosin's work on the subject?

Magazine article in the Atlantic:

Earlier this year, women became the majority of the workforce for the first time in U.S. history. Most managers are now women too. And for every two men who get a college degree this year, three women will do the same. For years, women’s progress has been cast as a struggle for equality. But what if equality isn’t the end point? What if modern, postindustrial society is simply better suited to women? A report on the unprecedented role reversal now under way— and its vast cultural consequences

The End of Men - The Atlantic

Book:

A landmark portrait of women, men, and power in a transformed world.

Men have been the dominant sex since, well, the dawn of mankind. But Hanna Rosin was the first to notice that this long-held truth is, astonishingly, no longer true. At this unprecedented moment, by almost every measure, women are no longer gaining on men: They have pulled decisively ahead. And “the end of men”—the title of Rosin’s Atlantic cover story on the subject—has entered the lexicon as dramatically as Betty Friedan’s “feminine mystique,” Simone de Beauvoir’s “second sex,” Susan Faludi’s “backlash,” and Naomi Wolf’s “beauty myth” once did.

In this landmark book, Rosin reveals how this new state of affairs is radically shifting the power dynamics between men and women at every level of society, with profound implications for marriage, sex, children, work, and more. With wide-ranging curiosity and insight unhampered by assumptions or ideology, Rosin shows how the radically different ways men and women today earn, learn, spend, couple up—even kill—has turned the big picture upside down. And in The End of Men she helps us see how, regardless of gender, we can adapt to the new reality and channel it for a better future.

[​IMG]

TED Talk:

Hanna Rosin reviews startling new data that shows women actually surpassing men in several important measures, such as college graduation rates. Do these trends, both US-centric and global, signal the "end of men"? Probably not -- but they point toward an important societal shift worth deep discussion.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Where does she say it's bad?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why should any law or public policy differentiate between men or women. If it is demonstrated that similarly situated women make less than simularly situated men that should be a violation of law and the women should be made whole.

Draft saved Draft deleted