1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man who only pawn in game of life arrested for punching police horse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Go fuck yourself! [/ohiograd]

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not defending Huggs' discipline, but it should be noted that Long was acquitted of the charge. During court - I was there - Long's and witnesses' testimonies said it was an open-handed patting, not even hard enough to be called a slap. Cop overreacted.
    EDIT: FWIW, only charge I remember sticking was an underaged drinking charge against Danny Fortson. Can't remember if he suited up the next night.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I covered a kid named BJ Grove in high school. A 6-11 center that went to George Jr. Republic (a residental reform school in Pennsylvania). Talking to the kid after the game he could not even understand the most simple words. One of the least intelligent kids I have ever encountered that had a crazy past (gang involvement, drugs, assault, etc.) Guess where he ended up playing in college? Huggins' graduation rate was pathetic...I think only Keith Gregor graduated in five years or less during his time in Cincinnati (not sure, but this is what I heard). At least Huggins never claimed the players were at UC to get an education.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gregor wasn't alone, but Huggs' record was far from good. He had 27 players graduate during his 16 years at Cincy. Far from good, but not as bad as you think, Carlton.

Oh yeah, and I forgot about this: Long was acquitted of the "Mungo" incident, but did later get convicted of choking his girlfriend. Oi vey.

Draft saved Draft deleted