1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man U vs. Man City

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If this win causes Oasis to reform, I'll fly to Manchester and punch Mancini.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Crap. De Gea is as bad as Massimo Taibi

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Also, there was no such thing as the EPL in 1968.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

And count me among the ones that recognises England as the Premier League, no further descriptor needed. SPL etc must qualify itself

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Negative soccer by SAF. When United was good this year, they did it with Young, Valencia and Evra shooting up the wing. Carrick, Scholes and Park did nothing. And all Smalling did was give up the goal.

I think relying on Scholes and Carrick in a game like this all but guaranteed that United would lose the battle in the middle which they did. They had no linking to the front line at all. I would have started Giggs next to Scholes, played Young instead of Nani and put Valencia on the back line. I understand the Park use, but it became clear in 20 minutes that he was not ready for this game yet. For United's sake, they still need someone to fill that Keane slot. Hargreaves had the talent, but obviously not the health.

Yaya Toure was fantastic and was the MOM for me.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Heard that an estimated 650 million around the world watched it. I'd bet the US ratings were very strong, especially compared to what's usually at that timeslot.

My neighbor is from Manchester. She said she heard from friends all over the world after the game. She said her brother, a Man U fan who still lives there, will be distraught for a week.

I still think Newcastle will win or tie against City on Saturday and Man U will go back in front by beating Swansea.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

City has something to play for. Newcastle's coming off a 4-0 loss to Wigan and with a much worse goal diff than Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea, a lot's going to have to break their way for them to earn CL. City wins and it turns into a three-team race for the final two spots (or Arsenal vs. Spurs for the final spot if Chelsea ends up beating Bayern Munich).

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

More than 1 million watched.

http://www.epltalk.com/espn-breaks-us-cable-tv-record-as-more-than-1-million-viewers-watch-manchester-epl-derby-41879

9. derwood

derwood Active Member

Barcodes visit Stamford Bridge tomorrow,

Draft saved Draft deleted