1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man Throws 4-Year Old Daughter Off Bridge

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KG, Jan 29, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I didn't want to title this as "Father throws...," because a true father would never do that to his child. Then again, he doesn't deserve to be called a man either. This asshole (that's the nicest word I could come up with) was pissed about a custody battle.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24980080-601,00.html

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A proper punishment: Throw him off a bridge above a ravine attached to a bungee cord. Make the cord a foot longer than the height of the bridge.

3. His name's not McAllister, is it?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I hate even using the word "man"

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

They should hang this guy upside down from a bridge and let him die a slow, painful death

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

There was a big case in Minnesota about five years ago. Woman walked to a bridge with her 14-month old twins. Took them out of their stroller, told them she was sorry and jumped into the Mississippi with them. She survived, as did one boy, the other one died. I know she was going to plead insanity, but I can't find how the trial ended.

Edit: Looks like she eventually pleaded guilty and got 19 years.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Listen.... obviously anyone who kills a human being in anything other than self defense, has some glitch in the gray matter, to varying degrees... anyone.

The thing is, it shouldn't matter.

Your actions should define you. Morally and legally.

Period.

Draft saved Draft deleted