1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man spray paints proposal on wrong house

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, May 6, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What does this mean? It says quite clearly it was the wrong house in the story.

2. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Only because the TV person wrote it -- exclamation point and all. Some kids vandalized a summer home they probably knew was empty, is what it comes down to.

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Exactly. They committed a crime on purpose. They did spray paint the wrong house. They hit their target. You could say every murderer killed the wrong person using this writer's way of thinking. They didn't kill the wrong person they just did something that was wrong. Big difference.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fined for what? Being vandalized?

I tell the homeowners' association to stick it. I'll fix the door, but I live 1,000 miles away and likely won't get it done in 10 days.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'd guess that after finding out their place had been vandalized, they wanted to make sure it hadn't been burglarized as well.

Since both the husband and the wife flew down to inspect the vacation home, I'm not thinking $1k was a big issue for them.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

No idea what Cubbie is trying to say about "wrong." This whole thing is a big bowl of wrong.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The sad truth is that in Leigh Acres the garage is worth more than the rest of the house.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Totally true. Houses that were once $200K are now going for maybe $60K. And from what I've seen, they look like pretty nice houses too.

Thing is, Lehigh Acres is an unincorporated area, and there's very little services or economy out there. Which, after the building boom, left a lot of brand new foreclosures, which were either bought and rented out, or have squatters in them. There have been plenty of reports of drug houses out there, because there's so many foreclosures and squatters.

So maybe these goofy kids were a little high on something (at least the paint fumes?), when they decided to spray paint someone else's house.

Draft saved Draft deleted