1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man spray paints proposal on wrong house

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, May 6, 2011.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/man-spray-paints-marriage-proposal-on-wrong-person's-house

I find it funny that the answer to the proposal was also spray painted next to the original question.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

intelligence isn't really a prized thing in Florida

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That goes for everywhere.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Go back to the hole you crawled out of, please.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There's a lack of intelligence throughout the world. Florida certainly does not have that market cornered.

6. I am from Florida. ColdCat is correct.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nothing says "I Love You" quite like vandalism of private property.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

What's with this spray painting your proposal fad? A friend of mine recently did that with his girl. He said it was because he had chickened out of proposing to her on a couple of other occasions when he had planned to and wanted to do the spray paint thing to avoid that. But I've recently heard of others doing it besides him and this goof ball. Has this always been done? Is it relatively new? What's the deal?

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Just taking this to the next level:

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Spraypainting a proposal on a house means never having to say you're sorry.

11. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Anyone else have problems with the headline? It wasn't the wrong house. They spray painted the house they meant to. It just wasn't theirs. I read the headline and thought it was a story about some dumb guy who spray painted the neighbors house by mistake.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I agree.

The fact the reply was painted in the exact color as the proposal signals it was done at the same time, which means the woman was there, too. Maybe they got drunk, spray painted both and then couldn't get in front door and tried to ram the garage.

I do disagree with the homeowner, though. I think Allison and the dude were made for each other.

In the story, also didn't like the use of the exclamation points, or putting "spray" in quotes in the lede. Why were those necessary?

Draft saved Draft deleted