1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man slaps a crying baby on a plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course there's always the chance that the guy who smacks your kid will beat the shit out of you, too.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need to have kids to understand this.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah, there's always that chance. But I'll tell you what, I'll put up more of a fight than my 1 1/2 year-old toddler would. And I don't fight fairly.

4. Did Kobe and Jordan tell you Ragu was out of line?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

C
    Common sense Captain Stooge. The word is offensive to many along here, some of whom are not minorities. Are you that dense not to see or know that? I'm sure he wouldn't use a common three-letter slur for homosexuals because we have some who are here and we also have others who would be offended by its use from a moderator. I hope that answers your question.

6. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

+1 on this. Using racial slurs is offensive to me and I'm white. Also, mods are supposed to be an example of how to behave on here, not throw the n-word around.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

All he is doing is repeating what the asshole said. What is wrong with that?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not a single story about it repeated what the asshole did. Our distinguished moderator did, that's the problem. It's also a problem that many along here find the word offensive.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Drip, Go away. Your act has is wearing thin.

Joseph, I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities. You do understand that words have context, right? I didn't gratuitously "throw the n-word around." I'm not the one who makes racial slurs. Your outrage should be with the guy on the plane, not me. The guy called the kid a nigger. As in "Shut that nigger baby up." Pretending the word doesn't exist, and that racists don't use it, doesn't make it go away. As much as I'd love to spare your sensitive eyes with something like "Shut that n-word baby up," it isn't what the guy said and it's silly. Don't ever read Huck Finn. You will pass out with the vapors.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nagger! :-X

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

The act is that you didn't have to make the slur. It's offensive to some along here but I guess you're not bright enough to see that. You proved that by repeating the slur. And you call yourself a moderator? There are other words that come to mind.

12. Is it only bad when whites say or does that apply when Stephen A. Smith says it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.