1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man slaps a crying baby on a plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

When I'm traveling to a funeral of a loved one, I have always been way too f-ing sad and depressed to even contemplate getting into angry or violent actions toward others. If losing a loved one makes you want to hit a defenseless child, you are probably an all-time piece of shit.

2. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

That said, beating the shit out of someone isn't some badge of honor. Just because someone does something wrong involving your kid doesn't mean it's the right thing to do to go psycho on them. Someone cuts in line, you know what, be an adult. Set an example for your kid.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nobody has advocated doing anything physical if someone cuts in line. It's a different story if you lay your hands on my kid and I'm fine with the example that sets for them.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No kidding. Cutting in line and physically assaulting a toddler ain't even in the same fucking ballpark. I'm as cumbaya liberal pacifist as anyone, but touch one of my kids and the wrong "tsk tsk, be an adult" thing is a little too sanctimonious, thanks.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

On what planet -- for someone who thinks that way -- would the means to shutting up a kid who is disturbing you on airplane be to call the kid a nigger and slap him in front of his mother? You couldn't rise through kindergarten, let alone a normal career, that way.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not about honor. It's just the real reactions of a parent hearing about a small child being abused and imagining how we would react. Hell, my daughter is nine and she's probably kick the guy the nuts if some moron slapped her, but I know my reaction would be knock his ass down anyway.

That said, I think you are mixing up the stories a bit. Somebody was talking about a guy shoving a kid who he thought had cut him off in line, not hitting a guy for cutting a kid off in line.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

The ones who are saying set an example, do you have kids? As a parent, you're supposed to protect your child. Drunk slaps my toddler, who is defenseless, I'm kicking his ass, his momma's ass and anyone else who steps in. Case closed.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The keyboard bravado is strong with this thread, Luke.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There is no bravado in sticking up for your children, it's what any man or woman should do.

10. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

This.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. Nothing keyboard about it. I'm going to give Football_bat the benefit of the doubt and guess that he doesn't have kids and that's why he doesn't get it.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude, couldn't you have made your point without using the n-word? You're supposed to be a moderator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.