1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man slaps a crying baby on a plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've told this story on here before, but the closest I've ever come to a nasty confrontation was when I was in a blood lab with my 4-year-old who was crying because he didn't want a shot. A woman made a nasty comment to me, and I told her to fuck off, with an extra word that rhymes with witch. Her jaw dropped, and she beat a hasty retreat.

Yeah, I can fully imagine going nuts on someone if they hit my kid.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I get it... Nobody should ever have to apologize for defending or protecting their kids...

It's truly mind-numbing when something like that happens, because it is beyond the comprehension of 99 percent of the planet that anyone could slap a baby or shove a 4-year-old or anything along those lines...

It's truly frightening that people exist who do this kind of thing.

3. Mizzougrad96

I remember being on a flight and this woman had a small baby with her and the baby was crying, not in an extremely annoying way, just in a way that babies do and the mom was doing everything she could in her power to try to quiet the kid down.

This business man leaned across the aisle and said, "Is there anything you can do to shut that kid up?"

The mom leaned back and screamed in the guys face, "I'm sorry, but SHE'S ONE!!!"

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I've often wondered at what point we need to start rethinking the idea of serving alcohol on airplanes. Just seems like the last place you'd wanna deal with an out-of-control drunk would be in a small metal tube 35,000 feet in the air.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Truthfully, it's pretty hard to get drunk ON the plane. Flight attendants are pretty good about not overserving passengers. The drunk people are usually the ones who showed up at the airport two hours ahead of time to avoid security lines, and then get lubed up in an airport bar because the line moved quickly and they suddenly had a lot of time to kill.

6. Mizzougrad96

Very true.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that something has gone seriously wrong with the guy in question. You don't rise through the ranks by being an epithet-hurling, baby-slapping monster.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I suspect a term along the lines of "early-onset dementia" or "Alzheimers" will make an appearance in this guy's upcoming mea culpa.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Very high up in the story:

"Hundley, who said he was traveling to Atlanta to visit a hospitalized relative, described himself as “distraught” on the flight."

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, you can, and often do, rise through the business ranks being an unethical, ends-justifies-the-means asshole.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I saw that ... I'm thinking even worse ... like Alzheimer's or something. No matter how big an asshole you may be, slapping babies is pretty far removed.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that explains his one-time, out-of-character episode of racism and child abuse then.

He's probably nice to puppies, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.